Friday, June 13, 2008

Tales of the lunatic soul: I find solace in darkness…

I…
I sit curled in the corner of this room. I’ve buried my face in my hands and shut my eyes so tight that they hurt. I find solace in darkness…

There are bars on one side of this tiny room. I feel like I am being watched. I part my fingers and open my left eye. Though I can see no one, I can still feel a strong gaze on myself. Shuddering, I close my eye again and cover up with my fingers.

There is light in this room. I can feel it even with my eyes shut. It comes from the room beyond the bars. There are other people in that room too. I can hear them talking. Ah! I don’t like the sound of humans talking! Why do they have to be so loud and pretend to be so cheerful? I don’t like being with them either, they are fake and they live in the light. I find solace in the darkness.

Occasionally someone comes and stands on the other side of the bars. They give me a fright! I shut my eyes even tighter and further squeeze myself into the corner. Sometimes, they just stare and go away. Sometimes, they laugh at me. I abhor humans when they laugh! I cover my ears with my hands…but the light…the light shines upon my eyes…oh! I hate the light!

The people outside these bars often talk about me, in hushed voices. They think I can’t hear them but I listen to it all too well. They say “it’s a tough case”...”treatment isn’t working!”…”no improvement”…once someone said that I might even die without being cured. I wonder what the trouble with me is…is it that I hate humans because they are more like chameleons, changing colors only too often...or is it that I cant stand the light because its bright...blinding…and overpowering!...it conceals the truth...it conceals the darkness...if that is it, I don’t want a cure!...i hate the humans…and I hate the light…i find solace in darkness…

4 comments:

mak said...

i always thought u were a happy soul...
but this little piece kinda shook my belief in that...
i do believe that this is just a case of imagination going wild but u know what the best part about writing is??
when u write something and the other person can visualize it in their heads...
thats when u can say u have succeeded in writing something good...
and i could see you curled up in a corner, tears smudging the kajal all over ur cheeks...
ure in my head now..:)

Anonymous said...

chee chee chee!
That was freakin depressing as
sniffing a stray dogs B.U.T.T ;-p
This is what happens when you have toooo much free time lol

if u r that damn short on comfort come to me then!

KaNwaR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KaNwaR said...

KIll HUMANS!! SHOOT THEM ALL WITH GIANT LASER RAYS from our SPACESHIP! But only when its very very DARK